BAN vs NZ 1st ODI Match New Zealand tour of Bangladesh 2023 – The 1st ODI match of New Zealand tour of Bangladesh 2023 will be played between Bangladesh vs New Zealand on Thursday, 21 September 2023, at 1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL at Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 01:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Bangladesh vs New Zealand teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the BAN vs NZ 1st ODI Match New Zealand tour of Bangladesh 2023 | Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Both Team Squad, Playing XI, Venue, Time and Date, Pitch Report, Match Prediction, Dream 11 team & Live Telecast 2023
BAN vs NZ 1st ODI Match New Zealand tour of Bangladesh 2023
|New Zealand Tour of Bangladesh 2023
|Bangladesh vs New Zealand
|1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL
|Thursday, 21 September 2023
|Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
When: England vs Ireland Match Ireland tour of England ODI Series 2023 on Thursday, 21 September 2023, 1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL
Where: Shere Bangla National Stadium, Dhaka
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Live Streaming, Broadcast, Live Telecast 2023
|India & Subcontinent
|Willow TV Canada
|Ban-Tech (via Rabbitholebd Sports)
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Pitch Report
The pitch at Sher-e-Bangla National Cricket Stadium in Mirpur is quite balanced. The spinners could get some help on such a surface, so the batters will look to stay patient and slowly build their innings. Opting to bowl first and chasing the target down after winning the toss could prove to be an optimal decision.
What to expect:
Bangladesh: The Bangladesh team will be led by Litton Das in the first 2 ODIs of this series. Mahmadullah and Tamim Iqbal return to the squad and are expected to slot in the playing XI. Towhid Hridoy, Mahedi Hasan, and Soumya Sarkar will join together to form the core of their middle-order batting.
Mustafizur Rahman will lead the pace unit with Tanzim Hasan who impressed on his debut in Asia Cup. Mahedi Hasan, Nasum Ahmed, and Mahmudullah are experienced spinners in the squad. Rishad Hossain and Khaled Mahmud are expected to make their debuts in this series.
Bangladesh Key Players
- Tamim Iqbal – Tamim Iqbal brings a lot of experience to the team and will be the side’s most experienced player in the absence of Shakib Al Hasan. Tamim brings a lot of stability to the top order which Bangladesh so desperately needs.
- Towhid Hridoy– Towhid has shown great promise in the last few months. After having a decent run in the Lanka Premier League, he delivered some fine performances in the Asia Cup. The series will be a great chance for him to cement a place in the World Cup playing 11.
- Mehidy Hasan Miraz – Miraz is a brilliant cricketer. He is a top batter who can be used as a floater and his spin bowling will be more than handy in these conditions. Hasan scored a century in the Asia Cup.
Probable XI: Tamim Iqbal, Litton Das(c), Soumya Sarkar, Anamul Haque(w), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Rishad Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasum Ahmed, Zakir Hasan
Bangladesh Squad: Tamim Iqbal, Litton Das(c), Soumya Sarkar, Anamul Haque(w), Towhid Hridoy, Mahmudullah, Mahedi Hasan, Tanzim Hasan Sakib, Rishad Hossain, Mustafizur Rahman, Nasum Ahmed, Zakir Hasan, Khaled Ahmed, Tanzid Hasan, Nurul Hasan
New Zealand: The New Zealand team will be led by Lockie Ferguson who leads the national team for the very first time. Finn Allen and Will Young will open the batting for New Zealand with the likes of Tom Blundell, Henry Nicholls, Rachin Ravindra, and Cole McConchie expected to make a big impact in their middle order.
Skipper Lockie Ferguson will join with experienced bowlers Trent Boult, Kyle Jamieson, and Adam Milne for company in the pace department. The trio of Ish Sodhi, Rachin Ravindra, and Cole McConchie will take care of the spin department in this match.
New Zealand Key Players
- Will Young – Will Young can be an important player for New Zealand. In Bangladesh, the conditions are great for batting when the ball is new. Young being an opener can get the team a quick start which will allow middle-order batters to bat without the pressure of scoring quick runs against the spinners.
- Rachin Ravindra – Rachin Ravindra will enjoy the conditions in Bangladesh. He is a spin bowling all-rounder thus Kiwis will expect him to spell magic with the ball and get some runs down the order.
- Trent Boult – Trent Boult will have a big responsibility on his shoulders. Boult is known to pick early wickets thus if he can put Bangladesh in early trouble, New Zealand can back themselves to restrict Bangladesh to a low score.
Probable XI: Finn Allen, Will Young, Henry Nicholls, Chad Bowes, Tom Blundell(w), Rachin Ravindra, Dean Foxcroft, Lockie Ferguson(c), Adam Milne, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi
New Zealand Squad: Finn Allen, Will Young, Henry Nicholls, Chad Bowes, Tom Blundell(w), Rachin Ravindra, Dean Foxcroft, Lockie Ferguson(c), Adam Milne, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi, Kyle Jamieson, Cole McConchie, Dane Cleaver, Blair Tickner
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Winner
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Prediction
Bangladesh will start as favourites. New Zealand has sent an inexperienced side to Bangladesh and it won’t be easy for the players to adjust to the low and slow turning tracks immediately. Bangladesh are a formidable side in these conditions and have beaten all big teams at home. They are clear favorites to win.
We expect England to win this match.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Top Fantasy Picks
- Tamim Iqbal
- Litton Das
- Towhid Hridoy
- Mahedi Hasan
- Mustafizur Rahman
- Will Young
- Tom Blundell
- Rachin Ravindra
- Trent Boult
- Ish Sodhi
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Dream11 Fantasy Team
Wicket-keepers: Litton Das, Tom Blundell
Batsmen: Tamim Iqbal, Towhid Hridoy, Will Young
All-rounder: Mahmudullah, Mahedi Hasan, Rachin Ravindra
Bowlers: Mustafizur Rahman, Trent Boult, Ish Sodhi
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Both Teams’ Top Batsmen
Tamim Iqbal, Litton Das, and Towhid Hridoy are batters we feel will do well. Tamim and Das are two of the most experienced batters in the Bangladesh team while Towhid Hridoy has been in fine form in the last month or two.
New Zealand will expect runs from Will Young, who will open the innings and get the best conditions to bat, and Tom Blundell, who probably has the best skills to play spin in this Kiwi team. Also back Finn Allen to well for the reason same as Will Young. He is an opener too and will get good conditions to bat.
Bangladesh vs New Zealand 1st ODI Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Spinners are likely to dominate so Mehidy Hasan and Nasum Ahmed will be key for the hosts. Tanzid Sakib bowled a lethal spell against India in the Asia Cup and will be looking to replicate his performance.
Trent Boult needs to get early breakthroughs for New Zealand. He will be the team’s lead pacer. Spinners Ish Sodhi and Rachin Ravindra will also have to play a big role.