CS vs WF 17th Match Super Smash 2023-24 – The 17th Match of Super Smash 2023-24 will be played between Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds on Monday, 08 January 2024, at 6:30 AM 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL at McLean Park, Napier.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 8:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the CS vs WF 17th Match Super Smash 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Central Stags vs Wellington Firebirds 17th Match Super Smash 2023-24
CS vs WF 17th Match Super Smash 2023-24
|Super Smash 2023-24
|Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird
|Monday, 08 January 2024
|6:30 AM 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL
|McLean Park, Napier
When: Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Super Smash 2023-24 on Monday, 08 January 2024, 10:00 AM 04:30 AM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
Where: McLean Park, Napier
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- India: FanCode
- New Zealand: TVNZ
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Pitch Report
The pitch will be a good batting surface. It will have a consistent pace and bounce and the batters will enjoy playing here. Bowlers will have to put the ball in the right areas to trouble the batters.
What to expect:
Central Stags: By the time they got underway in Match 14, there were only 11 overs scheduled for each side, but Central Stags were mightily relieved when the rain returned as they were in more than a pickle on 21/4 approaching the half-way stage of their innings! We can expect the team management to have the approach of telling the players that this is a new game and to forget about the last as they have plenty of batters with formidable Super Smash records.
Central Stags Key Players
- Will Young: Will Young is yet to fire in the tournament but he is a batsman with a lot of class and match-winning skills. He won’t take long before playing a match-winning innings for his team and he is due for one.
- Tom Bruce: Captain Tom Bruce is also a class batter and a lot of Stags’ hopes rest on his shoulders. He has not been in the best of forms in the tournament but that does not take away from the fact that he is very capable of turning things around in no time, possibly in the next game.
- Jayden Lennox: Jayden Lennox has taken six wickets in three games and has been one of the bright prospects for the Stags in a rather gloomy season. Lennox will look for a good show against Wellington.
Probable XI: Bayley Wiggins, Will Young, Dane Cleaver(w), Tom Bruce(c), Josh Clarkson, Doug Bracewell, William Clark, Bevan Small, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner, Jayden Lennox
Central Stags Squad: Bayley Wiggins, Will Young, Dane Cleaver(w), Tom Bruce(c), Josh Clarkson, Doug Bracewell, William Clark, Bevan Small, Ajaz Patel, Blair Tickner, Jayden Lennox, Joey Field
Wellington Firebird: After conceding 73 runs from the opening 7 overs against Auckland Aces, Wellington Firebirds never really recovered and they ended up making up the numbers in some ways of the ‘Thank You Gup’ day on January 4th to honor the contribution of Martin Guptill. None of the bowlers were able to dismiss Guptill and the whole team will be looking forward to playing against a side in this game that has not got a day organized specifically for one of their players!
Wellington Firebird Key Players
- Tim Robinson: Tim Robinson started the tournament with a brilliant century; however, he has failed to breach the 50-run mark in the following three games. He has got off to a good start in almost every game but has thrown away his wicket. He needs to ensure that he converts starts into big scores.
- Nick Kelly: Nick Kelly needs to come good with the bat. He has blown hot and cold in the tournament. He has got starts in a couple of games but has failed to kick on. He needs to play well in the middle order if Wellington has to post big runs on the board.
- Nathan Smith- Nathan Smith has contributed heavily with the ball, taking eight wickets in four games. He has also chipped in a few handy runs down the order.
Probable XI: Tim Robinson, Devon Conway, Nick Kelly(c), Muhammad Abbas, Michael Bracewell, Callum McLachlan(w), Nathan Smith, Logan van Beek, Ian McPeake, Peter Younghusband, Michael Snedden
Wellington Firebird Squad: Tim Robinson, Devon Conway, Nick Kelly(c), Muhammad Abbas, Michael Bracewell, Callum McLachlan(w), Nathan Smith, Logan van Beek, Ian McPeake, Peter Younghusband, Michael Snedden, Jesse Tashkoff
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Winner
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Prediction
Wellington will start the match as favorites. The team is placed at the top of the table after three wins in five games. The return of Devon Conway will further bolster the batting. Overall, they have more quality and depth in batting as well as the bowling department thus we are backing Wellington to win.
We expect Wellington to win this match.
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeeper: Dane Cleaver
Batsmen: Tom Bruce, Nick Kelly, Tim Robinson
All-Rounders: Doug Bracewell, Logan van Beek, Nathan Smith, Peter Younghusband
Bowlers: Ajaz Patel, Jayden Lennox, Bevan Small
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Dream11 Team
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Will Young and Tom Bruce will be the main batters. Both players have been ordinary so far but have enough skills to turn things around. Also, Dane Cleaver has been very consistent for the team and can be backed to come good.
Devon Conway, Tim Robinson, and Nick Kelly will be key players. Conway is a top batter and everyone is aware of his skills. Robinson has also been very good this season and is the only centurion so far. Kelly has blown hot and cold and is due for a big one.
Central Stags vs Wellington Firebird Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Jayden Lennox, Doug Bracewell, and Blair Tickner are the best wicket-taking options for the Stags. Lennox has been top notch but others have been ordinary. However, all have good skills and can be tough to face if they are in good rhythm.
Nathan Smith, Peter Younghusband, and Logan van Beek will be the bowlers to watch out for from Wellington. All three have been top-notch so far, taking nine, eight, and five wickets respectively.