CTB vs WF 20th Match Super Smash 2023-24 – The 20th Match of Super Smash 2023-24 will be played between Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds on Thursday, 11 January 2024, at 6:30 AM 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL at Hagley Oval, Christchurch.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 8:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the CTB vs WF 20th Match Super Smash 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds 20th Match Super Smash 2023-24
CTB vs WF 20th Match Super Smash 2023-24
|Super Smash 2023-24
|Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds
|Thursday, 11 January 2024
|6:30 AM 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL
|Hagley Oval, Christchurch
When: Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Super Smash 2023-24 on Thursday, 11 January 2024, 6:30 AM 01:00 AM GMT / 02:00 PM LOCAL
Where: Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- India: FanCode
- New Zealand: TVNZ
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Pitch Report
The pitch at Hagley Oval is a neutral one that provides an even bounce, which allows batters to play freely. Seamers should find help in the initial few overs, but as the shine wears off from the ball, batting will become easier.
What to expect:
Canterbury Kings: Wellington has been incredible in the tournament so far, and after winning 4 out of the 6 games played so far, they will be on top of the moon. However, they will want to continue this form and stay at the top.
Canterbury Kings Key Players
- Henry Nicholls – Henry Nicholls scored his second fifty of the Super Smash 2023-24 and scored 76 in 50 balls against Northern Brave. He needs to continue the momentum and deliver consistent performances for the team as the tournament reaches the business end.
- Cole McConchie – Cole McConchie did not make much contribution in the last game but he has played a few good innings for the team and will hold the key for Canterbury in the middle order in the games to come.
- Zakari Foulkes – Zakari Foulkes continued his good run and bagged a couple of wickets against Brave. He has been very consistent for Canterbury this season, taking eight wickets in five games.
Probable XI: Chad Bowes, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Cole McConchie(c), Matthew Hay(w), Michael Rippon, Bevon Jacobs, Zakary Foulkes, Angus McKenzie, Michael Rae, William ORourke
Canterbury Kings Squad: Chad Bowes, Tom Latham, Henry Nicholls, Cole McConchie(c), Matthew Hay(w), Michael Rippon, Bevon Jacobs, Zakary Foulkes, Angus McKenzie, Michael Rae, William ORourke, Leo Carter, Mitchell Hay
Wellington Firebirds: Canterbury has also been in great form by winning 3 out of the 7 matches played and being placed in 3rd position in the points table. They will, however, want to be a bit more consistent and pile up a few more wins.
Wellington Firebirds Key Players
- Tim Robinson – Wellington will be concerned about Tim Robinson who has lost a bit of form in the last few games. He scored a century in the first game and then played a few good cameos but a match-winning innings is pending since the first game. However, he is a very good player and will be eyeing a good show.
- Nick Kelly – Nick Kelly is a very important member of the team but he too has blown hot and cold in the tournament. He has yet to win a game for his team and will be aware that he needs to come good soon as a lot of expectations rest on him.
- Nathan Smith – Smith has been a consistent performer for the Firebirds this season. He has chipped in with a few handy runs down the order and has been brilliant with the ball. He is the leading wicket-taker of the tournament with 10 wickets in five games.
Probable XI: Tim Robinson, Nick Kelly(c), Muhammad Abbas, Michael Bracewell, Callum McLachlan(w), Nathan Smith, Logan van Beek, Ian McPeake, Peter Younghusband, Michael Snedden
Wellington Firebirds Squad: Tim Robinson, Nick Kelly(c), Muhammad Abbas, Michael Bracewell, Callum McLachlan(w), Nathan Smith, Logan van Beek, Ian McPeake, Peter Younghusband, Michael Snedden, Nick Greenwood, Jesse Tashkoff
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Winner
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Prediction
We suggest backing Canterbury to win. Canterbury looks to be a better place, with form and momentum on their side. The likes of Henry Nicholls, Tom Latham, and Cole McConchie form a stable batting lineup while the bowlers – Michael Rae, William ORourke, and Zakary Foulkes, have also done well. Wellington is placed at the top of the table but the batting looks like a concern as no batter has shown any sort of form in the last few games. The bowlers have been brilliant but a team cannot always rely on bowlers to do the job. For us, Canterbury are favourites.
We expect Canterbury to win this match.
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-Keeper: C McLachlan
Batsmen: H Nicholls, T Robinson, M Abbas
All-Rounders: M Rippon, C McConchie, N Smith, Z Foulkes
Bowlers: M Rae, I McPeake, W O Rourke
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Dream11 Team
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Henry Nicholls, Cole McConchie and Tom Latham are batters who can come good. Latham is a match winner on his day while Nicholls and McConchie have batted well for the team.
Tim Robinson, Nick Kelly are the team’s best batters and most of the hopes rest on the top order batters. Muhammad Abbas showed good form in the last game and scored 72. The team will need him to continue the good run.
Canterbury Kings vs Wellington Firebirds Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Michael Rae, William ORourke, and Zakary Foulkes will be the main bowlers for Canterbury. Rae and Foulkes have taken eight wickets in the tournament so far while William ORourke has taken five wickets. They have been the most consistent bowlers for the team.
Wellington bowlers have been doing well in the tournament. Nathan Smith, and Peter Younghusband are joint leading wicket-takers, with 10 wickets. Logan van Beek has taken eight wickets in five games.