DSG vs MICT 2nd Match SA20 2024 – The 2nd Match of SA20 2024 will be played between Durban Super Giants vs MI Cape Town on Thursday, 11 January 2024, at 9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL at Kingsmead, Durban.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Durban Super Giants vs MI Cape Town teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the DSG vs MICT 2nd Match SA20 2024 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Durban Super Giants vs MI Cape Town 2nd Match SA20 2024
DSG vs MICT 2nd Match SA20 2024
|Durban Super Giants vs MI Cape Town
|Thursday, 11 January 2024
|9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
When: Durban Super Giants vs MI Cape Town Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Thursday, 11 January 2024, 9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
Where: Kingsmead, Durban
DSG vs MICT Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox
- India: Sports18 Network and JioCinema app
- UK: Sky Sports
- Pakistan: A Sports and Ary Zap
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- UAE: Etisalat
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
DSG vs MICT Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Kingsmead Durban Cricket Ground is favorable for the batsmen and batsmen can easily score runs on this ground but when the match starts, the bowlers get help in the initial three overs, and then as the ball gets older, it becomes easier. The batsman bats easily and the team batting in the second innings has the upper hand in this match at the Kingsmead Durban Stadium.
What to expect:
Durban Super Giants: Keshav Maharaj takes charge of the side this season. They had a poor tournament last year where they failed to qualify for the playoffs. Maharaj would like his players to make a positive start this year. They are playing at home and shall use crowd support to their advantage.
Durban Super Giants Key Players
- Heinrich Klaasen – The powerful middle-order batter announced his Test retirement earlier this week and we can expect him to show off his white ball skills in this game.
- Quinton de Kock – The left-handed keeper-batter did not have the best of times in this year’s BBL but he is a proven short-format player and he will be keen to produce in his home country.
- Reece Topley – The England international is a white ball specialist who always extracts bounce and movement from any pitch. He will cause problems throughout the innings.
- Keshav Maharaj – The all-format South Africa international spinner has taken on the captaincy for this year’s tournament. He has a strong T20 record with 111 dismissals.
Probable XI: Quinton de Kock, Kyle Mayers, Matthew Breetzke, Nicholas Pooran, Heinrich Klaasen, Dwaine Pretorius, Keemo Paul, Wiaan Mulder, Reece Topley, Keshav Maharaj, Kyle Abbott
Durban Super Giants Squad: Keshav Maharaj, Quinton de Kock, Kyle Mayers, Naveen-ul-Haq, Reece Topley, Heinrich Klaasen, Nicholas Pooran, Dwaine Pretorius, Keemo Paul, Bhanuka Rajapaksa, Dilshan Madushanka, Kyle Abbott, Junior Dala, JJ Smuts, Prenelan Subrayen, Matthew Breetzke, Wiaan Mulder
MI Cape Town: Kieron Pollard will lead MI Cape Town this season, and he will look for early points. Last year was a disaster for the team, where they finished at the bottom of the points table, winning only three games. They have a good set of players, and Pollard would look to get the best performances out of them in this game.
MI Cape Town Key Players
- Rassie van der Dussen – The right-hander is likely to bat at number three in this game and although he may not score quite as quickly as others, he has a reliable average of 35.72 in T20 cricket.
- Liam Livingstone – The English international all-rounder had a disappointing 2023 Cricket World Cup but he impressed for England in the West Indies afterwards and could be back in form.
- Kagiso Rabada – The all-format South African pace bowler is simply one of the best in the world. He has 230 T20 wickets from 176 innings and has delivered across the globe.
- Beuran Hendricks – The 33-year-old left-arm fast-medium bowler has an impressive strike rate of 16.3 and best figures of 6/29 in T20 cricket.
Probable XI: Dewald Brevis, Tom Banton, Rassie van der Dussen, Liam Livingstone, Kieron Pollard (c), Sam Curran, George Linde, Duan Jansen, Delano Potgieter, Kagiso Rabada, Beuran Hendricks
MI Cape Town Squad: Kieron Pollard (c), Kagiso Rabada, Dewald Brevis, Sam Curran, Liam Livingstone, Rassie van der Dussen, Ryan Rickelton, George Linde, Beuran Hendricks, Duan Jansen, Delano Potgieter, Olly Stone, Grant Roelofsen, Jofra Archer, Connor Esterhuizen, Christopher Benjamin, Nealan van Heerden, Thomas Kaber, Tom Banton
DSG vs MICT Match Winner
Durban Super Giants
DSG vs MICT Match Prediction
We agree with many cricket pundits that this game is likely to be very close and we see the key battle being between Kagiso Rabada and Durban Super Giants batting line-up. If Rabada can dismiss some big names then his team will have an excellent chance. Overall though, we think Durban Super Giants have the slightly stronger line-up and we are backing them to win this game.
We expect the Durban Super Giants to win this match.
DSG vs MICT Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Nicholas Pooran, Heinrich Klaasen
Batters: Rassie van der Dussen, Dewald Brevis
Allrounders: Dwaine Pretorius, Liam Livingstone, Sam Curran
Bowlers: Kagiso Rabada, Reece Topley, Keshav Maharaj
DSG vs MICT Match Dream11 Team
DSG vs MICT Head-to-Head Records
MI Cape Town were beaten by Durban Super Giants by 5 wickets in both of their clashes last season. This will be the third head-to-head between the teams.
DSG vs MICT Head-to-Head Stats in T20s
DSG vs MICT Match Both Team Top Batsmen
We have selected Quinton de Kock, Heinrich Klaasen and Nicholas Pooran with the bat for Durban Super Giants. Trinidad’s Pooran is another batter who has been in fine form in white ball cricket over the last 12 months and he has hit over 6000 T20 runs across his career. Klaasen scores his runs at a good rate in T20 cricket with his T20 strike-rate at 145.31 and his T20I rate at 147.64.
For MI Cape Town, Liam Livingstone, Rassie van der Dussen and Dewald Brevis are our batting tips. Although Brevis is only 20 years of age, he has already scored over 1000 T20 runs including his top score of 162. Livingstone has developed into a real top level short format batter over recent seasons and he has scored two centuries and 32 fifties in T20 cricket so far in his career.
DSG vs MICT Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
We recommend Reece Topley, Keshav Maharaj and Junior Dala with the ball for Durban Super Giants. Right-arm medium pacer Dala has taken 114 T20 wickets and has best figures of 4/18 ahead of this match. Topley has missed out on plenty of franchise and international opportunities due to injuries but he was back to his best for England during the tour of the West Indies in December.
Sam Curran, Beuran Hendricks and Kagiso Rabada are our bowling choices for MI Cape Town. England all-rounder Curran was named the Player of the Series in the 2022 T20 World Cup and needs three dismissals to bring up 200 in this format. Rabada has an excellent IPL record where he has taken 106 wickets from 69 games. He will get pace and movement from this pitch.