MR vs HH 26th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 26th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes on Thursday, 04 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Docklands Stadium, Melbourne.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the MR vs HH 26th Match BBL 2023-24 Both Team Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Match Prediction & Dream 11 team | Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes 26th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
MR vs HH 26th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes
|Thursday, 04 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Docklands Stadium, Melbourne
When: Melbourne Renegades vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Thursday, 04 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Docklands Stadium, Melbourne
REN vs HUR Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
REN vs HUR Match Pitch Report
Fast bowlers get good help in Docklands Stadium. The pitch of this stadium is a fast pitch, due to which fast bowlers get help at the beginning of the match, after that the batsmen can easily score runs on this pitch.
What to expect:
Melbourne Renegades: Will Sutherland replaced Nic Maddinson as the skipper in the previous game against the Melbourne Stars. However, he couldn’t change his side’s fortunes as they went down by 8 wickets. They are out of contention for a place in the next round, and Sutherland and his men would look to pay for their pride in this game.
Melbourne Renegades Key Players
- Quinton de Kock- the South African hit three fours and one six at the top of the order in the Melbourne derby. He will look to maintain his strike rate of 143.75 from that game in this match.
- Jake Fraser-McGurk- the 21-year-old right-handed batter made only 14 in the last game but hit 70 runs from 37 balls in the last match at the Docklands Stadium.
- Will Sutherland- Skipper Will Sutherland did not bowl in the rain-shortened derby game on Tuesday but he had taken 4 wickets from the previous two matches.
- Tom Rogers- the medium fast bowler went wicketless in the last fixture at the Docklands Stadium but he is a consistent wicket-taker in the BBL and dismissed the dangerous Dan Lawrence on Tuesday.
Probable XI: Quinton de Kock(w), Jordan Cox, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Shaun Marsh, Nic Maddinson(c), Jonathan Wells, Will Sutherland, Tom Rogers, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Peter Siddle
Melbourne Renegades Squad: Quinton de Kock(w), Jordan Cox, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Shaun Marsh, Nic Maddinson(c), Jonathan Wells, Will Sutherland, Tom Rogers, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Peter Siddle, Harry Dixon, Aaron Finch, Mackenzie Harvey, Ruwantha Kellepotha, Fergus O Neill
Hobart Hurricanes: Nathan Ellis’ side defeated the Sydney Thunder by 7 wickets in the last game. However, the side has lacked consistency, winning two of their five games. The batting line-up has some issues with the top order not delivering on the expected lines. The Renegades have also struggled, and the Hurricanes’ skipper would like to use this opportunity to improve their position on the points table.
Hobart Hurricanes Key Players
- Ben McDermott- the 29-year-old is 45 runs away from bringing up 4000 T20 runs and he has previously hit three centuries, including two back-to-back in this competition, in this format.
- Macalister Wright- since coming into the Hurricanes’ team just before Christmas, the 25-year-old middle-order batter has hit 130 runs at an average of 43.33.
- Chris Jordan- the vastly experienced bowling all-rounder dismissed Oliver Davies and Alex Ross on Monday and he will not be ruling out a place in England’s T20 World Cup squad later this year.
- Nathan Ellis- the skipper has gone wicketless in only one match since the start of BBL 2023-24 and returned figures of 2/32 in the last head-to-head with Melbourne Renegades.
Probable XI: Matthew Wade(w), Caleb Jewell, Macalister Wright, Ben McDermott, Corey Anderson, Tim David, Nikhil Chaudhary, Chris Jordan, Patrick Dooley, Nathan Ellis(c), Riley Meredith
Hobart Hurricanes Squad: Matthew Wade(w), Caleb Jewell, Macalister Wright, Ben McDermott, Corey Anderson, Tim David, Nikhil Chaudhary, Chris Jordan, Patrick Dooley, Nathan Ellis(c), Riley Meredith, Sam Hain, Mitchell Owen, Billy Stanlake
REN vs HUR Match Winner
REN vs HUR Match Prediction
Although Adelaide Strikers have an in-form top-order batting line-up, their bowling was particularly poor in their last match and that will need to improve if they are to give Perth Scorchers a competitive game on Wednesday. The Scorchers have a tried and trusted method of playing BBL cricket which has served them very well over recent seasons and we are backing them to win again in this fixture.
We expect the Adelaide Strikers to win this match.
REN vs HUR Match Dream11 Team
Wicketkeepers: Quinton de Kock, Ben Mcdermott, Matthew Wade
Batters: Caleb Jewell, Shaun Marsh, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Mac Wright
Allrounders: Nikhil Chaudhary, Chris Jordan, Will Sutherland
Bowlers: Nathan Ellis
REN vs HUR Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Quinton de Kock, Shaun Marsh, and Jake Fraser-McGurk are our batting selections for the Melbourne Renegades. Marsh may already have turned 40 years of age but the left-hander has hit two half-centuries in this BBL campaign and is approaching 7000 T20 runs across his career. South African de Kock is one of the most feared T20 openers in the world with six hundreds and 57 half-centuries from 304 T20 innings.
For Hobart Hurricanes, our picks with the bat are Caleb Jewell, Macalister Wright, and Ben McDermott. Left-handed opener Jewell comes into this game after making a combined 76 runs from the last two matches and he will want to contribute after being dismissed for a duck in the last clash with the Renegades. Wright impressed with three sixes and one four in his last innings in the tournament.
REN vs HUR Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Our tips with the ball are Tom Rogers, Peter Siddle, and Will Sutherland for the Melbourne Renegades. The experienced Siddle had been selected in only one game this season before December 29th but he has since played in both games and picked up a wicket in each. Rogers picked up a combined 43 wickets over the 2021/22 and 2022/23 BBL campaigns and looks set for another large tally this season.
From the bowlers, Patrick Dooley, Chris Jordan, and Nathan Ellis are our selections for Hobart Hurricanes. Spinner Dooley has gone wicketless in three matches in this campaign but took 2/32 in the last match against the Renegades and also dismissed two batters against Sydney Thunder on Monday. Jordan still bowls with good pace alongside his well-disguised slower balls and he took the Player of the Match Award in Match 21.