MS vs SS 28th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 28th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers on Saturday, 06 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the MS vs SS 28th Match BBL 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers 28th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
MS vs SS 28th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers
|Saturday, 06 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
When: Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Saturday, 06 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Melbourne Cricket Ground, Melbourne
Melbourne Stars vs Sydney Sixers Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
STA vs SIX Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Melbourne Cricket Ground is favorable for the batsmen, although this ground is quite big, the batsmen can easily score runs on this ground because the ball comes easily on the bat, on the pitch of this ground and the outfield of this ground is also very fast, due to which The batsman can bat easily and score good runs.
What to expect:
Melbourne Stars: Glenn Maxwell’s team has made a big turnaround this season. They lost the first three games but won the last three. The team put on a good show in their last game against the Melbourne Renegades, winning by 8 wickets. Maxwell would like his players to continue with the same momentum and move to the second spot on the points table.
Melbourne Stars Key Players
- Glenn Maxwell- the captain was in typically attacking mood during the Melbourne derby when he finished unbeaten with a strike-rate of 213.33 to take his side to victory with two overs remaining.
- Beau Webster- the all-rounder made only 14 in Tuesday’s game but he had hit 160 runs from his previous three innings in BBL 2023-24.
- Joel Paris- the left-arm pace bowler is targeting picking up a dismissal for the fourth successive game and he dismissed the captain of the Melbourne Renegades during the Melbourne derby.
- Mark Steketee- the 29-year-old right-arm fast-medium bowler picked up his first wicket of the tournament on Tuesday and he will look forward to bowling a full four overs at the same venue in this game.
Probable XI: Thomas Rogers, Daniel Lawrence, Beau Webster, Glenn Maxwell(c), Marcus Stoinis, Sam Harper(w), Hilton Cartwright, Imad Wasim, Jonathan Merlo, Joel Paris, Mark Steketee
Melbourne Stars Squad: Thomas Rogers, Daniel Lawrence, Beau Webster, Glenn Maxwell(c), Marcus Stoinis, Sam Harper(w), Hilton Cartwright, Imad Wasim, Jonathan Merlo, Joel Paris, Mark Steketee, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Scott Boland, Nick Larkin, Corey Rocchiccioli
Sydney Sixers: Moises Henriques’ side went down against the Brisbane Heat by 3 runs under the DLS method in the last game. It was a poor show from their batsmen that cost them the game. They have an excellent record against the Melbourne Stars, and Henriques would like the players to take inspiration from those wins and move up on the points table.
Sydney Sixers Key Players
- Josh Philippe- the keeper-batter has struggled to build on good starts in this tournament but he looked near his best with four boundaries against Brisbane Heat.
- Moises Henriques- the right-handed batting all-rounder has hit over 5000 T20 runs and comes into this game after scoring 24 half-centuries in this format.
- Sean Abbott- the bowling all-rounder is one of the most feared bowlers in the BBL. He picked up the key wicket of big-hitting Colin Munro on Wednesday.
- Ben Dwarshuis- the left-arm fast-medium bowler has already taken seven wickets in this BBL campaign and returned figures of 1/7 from two overs against Brisbane Heat.
Probable XI: Josh Philippe(w), James Vince, Kurtis Patterson, Moises Henriques(c), Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Jack Edwards, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Todd Murphy, Steve OKeefe
Sydney Sixers Squad: Josh Philippe(w), James Vince, Kurtis Patterson, Moises Henriques(c), Jordan Silk, Tom Curran, Jack Edwards, Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, Todd Murphy, Steve OKeefe, Jackson Bird, Joel Davies, Daniel Hughes, Hayden Kerr, Mitchell Perry
STA vs SIX Match Winner
STA vs SIX Match Prediction
With both teams on the same number of points, this promises to be a close contest. Sydney Sixers have not had a full game over their last three matches and they will welcome the better weather conditions for this fixture. Melbourne Stars are in excellent form but have been a little over-reliant on Glenn Maxwell with both bat and ball. Our prediction is for a competitive match with Melbourne Stars getting the win.
We expect the Melbourne Stars to win this match.
STA vs SIX Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeepers: Josh Philippe
Batters: Hilton Cartwright, James Vince, Jordan Silk, Dan Lawrence
All-rounders: Glenn Maxwell (vc), Beau Webster, Jack Edwards (c), Moises Henriques
Bowlers: Ben Dwarshuis, Joel Paris
STA vs SIX Match Dream11 Team
STA vs SIX Match Both Team Top Batsmen
With the bat, Glenn Maxwell, Thomas Rogers, and Beau Webster are our choices for the Melbourne Stars. Rogers was pushed up the order to open in the shortened chase against Melbourne Renegades and he responded with a brilliant 42 not out with six fours. Maxwell has been one of the world’s best T20 batters over the last five years and he has a top score of 154 not out in this format.
Moises Henriques, James Vince, and Josh Philippe are our selections with the bat for Sydney Sixers. Right-handed 32-year-old Vince has an excellent T20 record both in Australia and across the globe. He has hit over 9750 runs at an average of over 31. Philippe took his overall T20 tally to over 2500 with his knock against Brisbane Heat and he will be full of self-belief ahead of this match.
STA vs SIX Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
For Melbourne Stars, Mark Steketee, Glenn Maxwell, and Joel Paris are our bowling picks. Skipper Maxwell got the big wicket of South African Quinton de Kock in the Melbourne derby and he has taken 7 wickets from four innings so far in this BBL. Fast medium bowler Steketee has taken 89 wickets in T20 cricket and his best figures in this format are 4/33.
Our bowling tips are Sean Abbott, Ben Dwarshuis, and Tom Curran for Sydney Sixers. Former England international Curran was in the headlines for the wrong reasons ahead of Christmas and served a ban but he is a very talented T20 bowler who has already returned figures of 3/11 in a game this season. Dwarshuis will get movement off the pitch in Melbourne and has an excellent yorker.