SA vs IND 1st ODI Match – The 1st ODI Match of India tour of South Africa 2023-24 will be played between South Africa vs India on Sunday, 17 December 2023, at 1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL at New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between South Africa vs India teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Both Team Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Match Prediction & Dream 11 team | South Africa vs India 1st ODI Match India tour of South Africa 2023-24
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match
|India tour of South Africa 2023-24
|South Africa vs India
|Sunday, 17 December 2023
|1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL
|New Wanderers Stadium, Johannesburg
When: South Africa vs India Match India tour of South Africa 2023-24 on Sunday, 17 December 2023, 1:30 PM 08:00 AM GMT / 10:00 AM LOCAL
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Pitch Report
The historic Wanderers will host India and South Africa series third T20 match on Thursday. This ground’s wickets are primarily known as both batters and bowling paradise. Batsman can trust the bounce of the wickets and play big shorts to get lots of runs. The pacer will get swing and seam movement from the moisture of the wickets.
What to expect:
South Africa: With Kagiso Rabada and Temba Bavuma both missing the ODI series, Aiden Markram captains the side again after doing so in the T20Is. Top-order batter Rassie van der Dussen comes back into the side with Gerald Coetzee and Marco Jansen both resting throughout this series.
South Africa Key Players
- Rassie van der Dussen- the top-order batter has hit six ODI centuries, and 14 fifties in this format and averages 55.28 from 53 innings.
- Aiden Markram- the captain will have his work cut out to lead an inexperienced group of pace bowlers in this series. However, with the bat, he will enjoy the pace on the ball and has hit over 2000 ODI runs.
- Keshav Maharaj- the 33-year-old left-arm spinner had a very impressive Cricket World Cup and looked just as good in Thursday’s T20I where he took 2/26.
- Nandre Burger- the tall left-arm quick bowler made his international debut on Thursday and picked up the key wicket of Rinku Singh. He certainly has the pace to trouble good bowlers at this level.
Probable XI: Reeza Hendricks, Tony de Zorzi, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram (capt), Heinrich Klaasen, David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Nandre Burger, Lizaad Williams
South Africa Squad: Reeza Hendricks, Tony de Zorzi, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen(w), David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Nandre Burger, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams, Wiaan Mulder, Ottniel Baartman, Mihlali Mpongwana, Kyle Verreynne
India: The visitors have also chosen to rest plenty of big-name players for this series with Rohit Sharma, Virat Kohli, Jasprit Bumrah, Mohammed Siraj, Shubman Gill, Ravindra Jadeja and Mohammed Shami not involved in this series. KL Rahul will captain the team.
India Key Players
- KL Rahul- the skipper returned from injury just in time for the home World Cup and hit over 200 runs across the final three games. He is a remarkably consistent international batter.
- Shreyas Iyer- the right-hander made only 4 runs in the Cricket World Cup Final but had made scores of 105, 128 not out, 77, and 82 in his previous four ODI innings.
- Kuldeep Yadav- the left-arm wrist spinner took his seventh international 5-wicket haul of his career on Thursday and continues to take his bowling to new levels in white ball cricket.
- Avesh Khan- the 27-year-old right-arm fast-medium bowler is yet to have a breakthrough performance in ODI cricket but he was impressed with his consistency in the recent T20I series with Australia.
Probable XI: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sai Sudharsan, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (capt), Tilak Varma, Sanju Samson, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan
India Squad: Rajat Patidar, Sai Sudharsan, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w/c), Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, Mukesh Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Tilak Varma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Washington Sundar, Arshdeep Singh, Akash Deep
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Winner
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Prediction
After the T20I series was shared, both sides will be keen to get ahead in the ODIs at the Wanderers Stadium on Sunday. It should be an exciting game for supporters at the ground and across the globe with plenty of runs expected. South Africa certainly has a brilliant batting line-up and it will be very interesting to see how they play Kuldeep Yadav who ran through them on Thursday. Our prediction is for a close game but with India getting the win.
We expect India to win this match.
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Top Fantasy Picks
- Heinrich Klaasen
- KL Rahul
- Reeza Hendricks
- David Miller
- Shreyas Iyer
- Axar Patel
- Aiden Markram
- Keshav Maharaj
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Arshdeep Singh
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Dream11 Fantasy Team
Wicketkeepers: Heinrich Klaasen, KL Rahul
Batters: Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Shreyas Iyer, Rinku Singh
All-rounders: Axar Patel, Aiden Markram
Bowlers: Keshav Maharaj, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Rassie van der Dussen, Heinrich Klaasen, and Aiden Markram are our batting picks for South Africa. Keeper-batter Klaasen hit over 370 runs during the Cricket World Cup and he is a powerful and clean hitter of a ball. Markram has a top score of 175 in this format.
For India, Rinku Singh, KL Rahul, and Shreyas Iyer are our choices with the bat for India. Singh has yet to play any other international format than T20Is but he has been brilliant in that format with an average of 65.50. Shreyas has scored 2331 runs at an average of 49.59 in ODIs.
SA vs IND 1st ODI Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
South Africa, Keshav Maharaj, Nandre Burger, and Tabraiz Shamsi are our selections with the ball. Wrist spinner Shamsi has taken 72 ODI wickets with best figures of 5/49. Burger has the best List A figures of 6/38 and looks like another top-level pace bowler for South Africa.
Avesh Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, and Axar Patel are our bowling tips for India. The 29-year-old left-arm bowling all-rounder Axar has over 150 international wickets with 59 ODI dismissals the most. Kuldeep has taken 4+ wickets on nine occasions in ODIs.