SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match – The 2nd ODI Match of India tour of South Africa 2023-24 will be played between South Africa vs India on Tuesday, 19 December 2023, at 4:30 PM 11:00 AM GMT / 01:00 PM LOCAL at St George’s Park, Gqeberha.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between South Africa vs India teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Both Team Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Match Prediction & Dream 11 team | South Africa vs India 2nd ODI Match India tour of South Africa 2023-24
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match
|India tour of South Africa 2023-24
|South Africa vs India
|Tuesday, 19 December 2023
|4:30 PM 11:00 AM GMT / 01:00 PM LOCAL
|St George’s Park, Gqeberha
When: South Africa vs India Match India tour of South Africa 2023-24 on Tuesday, 19 December 2023, 4:30 PM 11:00 AM GMT / 01:00 PM LOCAL
Where: St George’s Park, Gqeberha
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Pitch Report
The pitch at St George’s Park seems to favor the bowlers more than it does to the batters. The average first-innings score at the venue is 233 which further slips down to 200 in the second innings.
What to expect:
South Africa: Only three days after making his T20I debut, Nandre Burger made his ODI debut in Sunday’s game and he showed some batting ability down the order to go with his bowling skills. No changes are expected for the hosts ahead of this ODI on Tuesday.
South Africa Key Players
- Rassie van der Dussen- the top-order batter has hit six ODI centuries, and 14 fifties in this format and averages 55.28 from 53 innings.
- Aiden Markram- the captain will have his work cut out to lead an inexperienced group of pace bowlers in this series. However, with the bat, he will enjoy the pace on the ball and has hit over 2000 ODI runs.
- Keshav Maharaj- the 33-year-old left-arm spinner had a very impressive Cricket World Cup and looked just as good in Thursday’s T20I where he took 2/26.
- Nandre Burger- the tall left-arm quick bowler made his international debut on Thursday and picked up the key wicket of Rinku Singh. He certainly has the pace to trouble good bowlers at this level.
Probable XI: Reeza Hendricks, Tony de Zorzi, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen(w), David Miller, Wiaan Mulder, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Nandre Burger, Tabraiz Shamsi
South Africa Squad: Reeza Hendricks, Tony de Zorzi, Rassie van der Dussen, Aiden Markram(c), Heinrich Klaasen(w), David Miller, Andile Phehlukwayo, Keshav Maharaj, Nandre Burger, Tabraiz Shamsi, Lizaad Williams, Wiaan Mulder, Ottniel Baartman, Mihlali Mpongwana, Kyle Verreynne
India: After such a brilliant performance on Sunday, it would be a huge surprise if KL Rahul announced any changes at the toss ahead of this ODI. Deepak Chahar is no longer available for this game or the rest of the series due to a family medical emergency.
India Key Players
- KL Rahul- the skipper returned from injury just in time for the home World Cup and hit over 200 runs across the final three games. He is a remarkably consistent international batter.
- Shreyas Iyer- the right-hander made only 4 runs in the Cricket World Cup Final but had made scores of 105, 128 not out, 77, and 82 in his previous four ODI innings.
- Kuldeep Yadav- the left-arm wrist spinner took his seventh international 5-wicket haul of his career on Thursday and continues to take his bowling to new levels in white ball cricket.
- Avesh Khan- the 27-year-old right-arm fast-medium bowler is yet to have a breakthrough performance in ODI cricket but he was impressed with his consistency in the recent T20I series with Australia.
Probable XI: Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sai Sudharsan, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul (capt), Tilak Varma, Sanju Samson, Axar Patel, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh, Mukesh Kumar, Avesh Khan
India Squad: Rajat Patidar, Sai Sudharsan, Sanju Samson, Shreyas Iyer, KL Rahul(w/c), Rinku Singh, Axar Patel, Avesh Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, Mukesh Kumar, Yuzvendra Chahal, Tilak Varma, Ruturaj Gaikwad, Washington Sundar, Arshdeep Singh, Akash Deep
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Winner
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Prediction
It was a dominant performance from India at the Wanderers Stadium on Sunday and South Africa must respond in this game or they could lose the series at the first opportunity. With a stronger batting display, the hosts can put the pressure back on India and we expect to see that happen in this game. However, overall, India still looks the more confident and stronger side. We are backing India to win.
We expect India to win this match.
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Top Fantasy Picks
- Heinrich Klaasen
- KL Rahul
- Reeza Hendricks
- David Miller
- Shreyas Iyer
- Axar Patel
- Aiden Markram
- Keshav Maharaj
- Kuldeep Yadav
- Arshdeep Singh
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Dream11 Fantasy Team
Wicketkeepers: Heinrich Klaasen, KL Rahul
Batters: Reeza Hendricks, David Miller, Shreyas Iyer, Rassie van der Dussen
All-rounders: Axar Patel, Aiden Markram
Bowlers: Keshav Maharaj, Kuldeep Yadav, Arshdeep Singh
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Heinrich Klaasen, Rassie van der Dussen and Aiden Markram are our selections for South Africa. Keeper-batter Klaasen got the Player of the Match Award with 74 not out the last time South Africa beat India in an ODI and averages 40.52 in this format. Skipper Markram has made 13 scores of 50+ in ODI cricket.
Ruturaj Gaikwad, Sai Sudharsan, and Shreyas Iyer are our choices with the bat for India. Sudharsan made his ODI debut on Sunday and enjoyed this format by producing an unbeaten half-century. Gaikwad has been in fine whiteball form over the last two years.
SA vs IND 2nd ODI Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Keshav Maharaj, Wiaan Mulder, and Andile Phehlukwayo are our bowling tips for South Africa. Phehlukwayo took his 91st ODI wicket on Sunday when he dismissed the dangerous Shreyas Iyer. Spinner Maharaj has 234 international wickets across his career.
With the ball, Avesh Khan, Kuldeep Yadav, and Arshdeep Singh are our India bowling picks for India. Kuldeep only bowled 2.3 overs on Sunday but is likely to cause plenty of problems for South Africa’s batters if he bowls his full 10 overs in this game. Avesh now has 4-wicket hauls in both T20Is and ODIs.