SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 – The 1st T20 Match of Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 will be played between Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe on Sunday, 14 January 2024, at 7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 1st T20I Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
|Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
|Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe
|Sunday, 14 January 2024
|7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL
|R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
When: Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 1st T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 on Sunday, 14 January 2024, 7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL
Where: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 1st T20 Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 1st T20 Match Pitch Report
The pitch of R Premadasa Stadium is favorable for both batsmen and bowlers because this pitch has equal pace and bounce due to which batsmen can play the ball easily and fast bowlers get good help at the beginning of the match.
What to expect:
Sri Lanka: Sri Lanka lost their previous match by 4 wickets. Sri Lanka batted first in the match and put up 182 runs on board. Kusal Mendis was the top scorer for the team in this match as he scored 73 runs. He is always among the runs for his team in any format and Sri Lanka will want him to fire in the upcoming match.
Sri Lanka Key Players
- Kusal Mendis- the ODI captain will return to the ranks as merely a top-order keeper-batter in this game. He will be looking to add to his 12 scores of 50+ in T20Is.
- Angelo Mathews- the 36-year-old who has played in over 400 internationals is set to play his first T20I since March 2021. He has hit five T20I half-centuries so far in his career.
- Wanindu Hasaranga- the captain and bowling all-rounder is arriving at his best format and will be full of self-belief after taking 7/19 in the final ODI.
- Matheesha Pathirana- the young right-arm pace bowler with a slingy action lost a bit of confidence during the 2023 Cricket World Cup but he has impressed in domestic cricket over the last couple of months.
Sri Lanka Squad: Wanindu Hasaranga(c), Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Kusal Janith Perera, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka. Dhananjaya de Silva, Kamindu Mendis, Pathum Nissanka – subject to fitness, Maheesh Theekshana. Dushmantha Chameera, Dilshan Madushanka, Matheesha Pathirana, Nuwan Thushara, Akila Dananjaya
Zimbabwe: Zimbabwe too lost their previous T20 match by 8 wickets. Zimbabwe batted first in the match and scored 140 runs in the first innings. Ryan Burl was the top scorer for the team in this innings as he scored 36 runs off 28 balls. No other batter helped him out as the team could manage this low total.
Zimbabwe Key Players
- Sikandar Raza- the all-rounder has been batting consistently across T20Is over the last few years. On a spinning track, he will be very useful with both bat and ball.
- Ryan Burl- the experienced middle-order batter comes into this match after scores of 38 not out and 36 from his last two T20I innings.
- Richard Ngarava- the 26-year-old pacer would not typically be the type of bowler to succeed at the R Premadasa Stadium but he picked up eight wickets across the ODI series.
- Blessing Muzarabani- the right-arm fast-medium bowler will look to strike early with the new ball. He needs one more dismissal to bring up 50 T20Is.
Probable XI: Craig Ervine, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Brian Bennett, Sikandar Raza (C), Ryan Burl, Clive Madande, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava
Zimbabwe Squad: Craig Ervine, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Milton Shumba, Sikandar Raza (C), Ryan Burl, Brian Bennett, Tony Munyonga, Joylord Gumbie, Clive Madande, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Carl Mumba, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Winner
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Prediction
We could see a slight narrowing of the gap between the sides with this T20I series taking over immediately after the ODIs. However, the gap is immense and Sri Lanka was in no mood to take it easy in the final ODIs. We can expect to see some innovative captaincy with both skippers looking to do anything to get off to a winning start in the series but we do not think Zimbabwe will have enough quality. Zimbabwe will be heavily reliant on Sikandar Raza and Richard Ngarava and we think that Sri Lanka will take advantage. Our prediction is for Sri Lanka to win and go 1-0 up.
We expect Sri Lanka to win this match.
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Kusal Mendis
Batters: Craig Ervine, P Nissanka, Charitha Asalanka, Ryan Burl
All-rounders: Sikandar Raza, Wanindu Hasaranga, D de Silva, Sean Williams
Bowlers: Dilshan Madhushanka, Blessing Muzarabani
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Dream11 Team
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Both Team Top Batsmen
For Sri Lanka, Kusal Mendis, Charith Asalanka and Angelo Mathews are our batting tips. Asalanka has taken on the vice-captaincy for this T20I series and he needs just 1 more run to bring up 2000 T20 runs. Mendis has switched between the captaincy and non-leadership roles throughout the year so returning to the R Premadasa will not be an issue for him.
Our batting tips are Craig Ervine, Sikandar Raza and Ryan Burl for Zimbabwe. Burl will come to the crease and look to get the scoring going straight away. He is 25 runs away from 2000 T20 runs and has hit two half-centuries. Ervine scored 36 runs from 33 balls in a previous T20I and he will benefit from not having to captain the side in this game.
SL vs ZIM 1st T20 Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
We are backing Dilshan Madushanka, Wanindu Hasaranga and Maheesh Theekshana as the top bowlers for Sri Lanka. Theekshana could well be a key bowler in this game as he took a combined 5/46 across the final two ODIs at this venue. Captain Hasaranaga comes into this match with a strike rate of 13.7 and best figures of 4/9 from 56 T20I matches.
For Zimbabwe, Richard Ngarava, Blessing Muzarabani, and Sikandar Raza are our bowling picks. Ngarava returned figures of 1/20 in his last T20I and his economy rate of 5 was the best by a mile across the six bowlers used by Zimbabwe. Raza should get more turn from this wicket and he will give the ball plenty of air to try and entice some attacking shots.