SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 – The 2nd T20 Match of Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 will be played between Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe on Tuesday, 16 January 2024, at 7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL at R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
|Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024
|Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe
|Tuesday, 16 January 2024
|7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL
|R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
When: Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20 Match Zimbabwe tour of Sri Lanka 2024 on Tuesday, 16 January 2024, 7:00 PM 01:30 PM GMT / 07:00 PM LOCAL
Where: R Premadasa Stadium, Colombo
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20 Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Sri Lanka vs Zimbabwe 2nd T20 Match Pitch Report
The pitch of R Premadasa Stadium is favorable for both batsmen and bowlers because this pitch has equal pace and bounce due to which batsmen can play the ball easily and fast bowlers get good help at the beginning of the match.
What to expect:
Sri Lanka: There was no place for Dhananjaya de Silva or Dilshan Madushanka in Sri Lanka’s XI on Sunday and we doubt either of them will come into the team for this game. All-rounders Dasun Shanaka and Angelo Mathews impressed in the first T20I so the make-up of the side is unlikely to change for Tuesday.
Sri Lanka Key Players
- Kusal Mendis – The keeper-batter hit two fours before being dismissed for 17 runs from 15 balls on Sunday. He has the game to keep the scoreboard ticking along even on a tough pitch for batting.
- Angelo Mathews – The experienced batting all-rounder made his eagerly awaited return to the side for the first T20I of the series and responded by winning the Player of the Match Award.
- Wanindu Hasaranga – The skipper has now taken nine wickets across the last two games of Zimbabwe’s tour. He dismissed Sean Williams and Ryan Burl on Sunday.
- Mahesh Theekshana – The 23-year-old tall right-arm off-spinner helped to bring the hosts back into the game with their first two wickets in the final over of the powerplay in the series opener.
Probable XI: athum Nissanka, Kusal Mendis (wk), Kusal Perera, Angelo Mathews, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Charith Asalanka, Dasun Shanaka, Wanindu Hasaranga (c),Maheesh Theekshana, Dushmantha Chameera, Nuwan Thushara
Sri Lanka Squad: Wanindu Hasaranga(c), Charith Asalanka, Kusal Mendis, Sadeera Samarawickrama, Kusal Janith Perera, Angelo Mathews, Dasun Shanaka. Dhananjaya de Silva, Kamindu Mendis, Pathum Nissanka – subject to fitness, Maheesh Theekshana. Dushmantha Chameera, Dilshan Madushanka, Matheesha Pathirana, Nuwan Thushara, Akila Dananjaya
Zimbabwe: Sean Williams came back into Zimbabwe’s XI for the first T20I after a period out with injury and his presence certainly gives the batting line-up a more familiar and experienced look. No injuries were announced after the defeat on Sunday.
Zimbabwe Key Players
- Sikandar Raza- the all-rounder has been batting consistently across T20Is over the last few years. On a spinning track, he will be very useful with both bat and ball.
- Ryan Burl- the experienced middle-order batter comes into this match after scores of 38 not out and 36 from his last two T20I innings.
- Richard Ngarava- the 26-year-old pacer would not typically be the type of bowler to succeed at the R Premadasa Stadium but he picked up eight wickets across the ODI series.
- Blessing Muzarabani- the right-arm fast-medium bowler will look to strike early with the new ball. He needs one more dismissal to bring up 50 T20Is.
Probable XI: Craig Ervine, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Brian Bennett, Sikandar Raza (C), Ryan Burl, Clive Madande, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava
Zimbabwe Squad: Craig Ervine, Tinashe Kamunhukamwe, Milton Shumba, Sikandar Raza (C), Ryan Burl, Brian Bennett, Tony Munyonga, Joylord Gumbie, Clive Madande, Luke Jongwe, Wellington Masakadza, Carl Mumba, Blessing Muzarabani, Ainsley Ndlovu, Richard Ngarava
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Winner
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Prediction
As expected, Zimbabwe’s captain Sikandar Raza put in a very strong individual performance on Sunday but his heroics with both bat and ball were still not enough to get his team over the line. That said, they got very close to defeating Sri Lanka and one extra wicket or extra boundary with the bat would have made all the difference. We are predicting another close game on Tuesday and we are backing Sri Lanka to win the game to go 2-0 up with one match left to play.
We expect Sri Lanka to win this match.
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Kusal Mendis
Batters: Craig Ervine, P Nissanka, Charitha Asalanka, Ryan Burl
All-rounders: Sikandar Raza, Wanindu Hasaranga, D de Silva, Sean Williams
Bowlers: Dilshan Madhushanka, Blessing Muzarabani
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Dream11 Team
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Angelo Mathews, Kusal Mendis and Pathum Nissanka are our batting recommendations for Sri Lanka. Opener Nissanka hit only three runs from two balls on Sunday but he has scored over 1100 runs in T20 cricket with a top score of 75 from his 42 innings. Mathews averages over 40 across all international formats but that figure goes above 50 in games against Zimbabwe.
For Zimbabwe, Sean Williams, Sikandar Raza and Tinashe Kamunhukamwe are our batting selections. Kamunhukamwe is an attacking player at the top of the order and he hit two sixes, matched only by Raza, in Sunday’s T20I. Williams has played international cricket since 2005 and has hit over 7500 runs across all formats for his country.
SL vs ZIM 2nd T20 Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
For Sri Lanka, Wanindu Hasaranga, Dushmantha Chameera, and Maheesh Theekshana are our bowling picks. Pace bowler Chameera will have to work hard again to pick up wickets on this pitch on Tuesday but he was able to dismiss Sikandar Raza in the opening game of the series. Hasaranga has taken 171 international wickets since making his debut for Sri Lanka in 2017 and he is at his most effective in white ball games.
Richard Ngarava, Sikandar Raza, and Blessing Muzarabani are our bowling tips for Zimbabwe. Raza was the standout bowler across both sides in the first game of the series as he returned figures of 3/13 from his four overs. Muzarabani did not bowl any wides or no-balls in the opening T20I and he has taken 130 international wickets including 111 in white-ball fixtures.