ST vs AS 37th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 37th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers on Sunday, 14 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Manuka Oval, Canberra.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the ST vs AS 37th Match BBL 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers 37th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
ST vs AS 37th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers
|Sunday, 14 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Manuka Oval, Canberra
When: Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Sunday, 14 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Manuka Oval, Canberra
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Manuka Oval Stadium helps both the batsmen and fast bowlers a lot, but it is a bit difficult for the spin bowlers to bowl on this page. Till the five overs of the start of the match, the fast bowlers get a lot of help, and their ball swings. After that, the batsmen can bat well. The average score of the first innings on this ground is 155 and the team batting later feels good on this ground and can win the match.
What to expect:
Sydney Thunder: David Warner was flown into SCG on a helicopter, after attending his brother’s wedding at the Hunter Valley, but it didn’t amount to much, as the Thunder lost to crosstown rivals the Sixers in the Sydney smash.
Sydney Thunder Key Players
- David Warner- the aggressive left-hander made his first appearance of this season’s BBL and hit two sixes and one four in his 37.
- Alex Hales- the former England international struck six fours at the top of the order on Friday and he has made only one single-figure score from his last seven innings.
- Tanveer Sangha- the 22-year-old leg-spinner took 2/22 against Sydney Sixers and returned figures of 3/21 in his last game in Canberra.
- Daniel Sams- the left-arm fast-medium bowler dismissed Steve Smith with the first ball of the game during the Sydney derby on Friday.
Probable XI: David Warner, Alex Hales, Cameron Bancroft (wk), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Daniel Sams, Oliver Davies, Chris Green (c), Nathan McAndrew, Toby Gray, Liam Hatcher, Tanveer Sangha.
Sydney Thunder Squad: David Warner, Alex Hales, Cameron Bancroft (wk), Tom Kohler-Cadmore, Daniel Sams, Oliver Davies, Chris Green (c), Nathan McAndrew, Toby Gray, Liam Hatcher, Tanveer Sangha.
Adelaide Strikers: A 32-ball 80 from southpaw Jake Weatherald in Hobart helped the Strikers jump into fourth position on the table. The Strikers were dealt a huge blow when hard-hitting Chris Lynn picked up a hamstring injury that ended his tournament all of a sudden.
Adelaide Strikers Key Players
- Matthew Short- with 435 runs across the campaign so far, the captain is high on confidence and he hit another 39 runs from 25 balls in the win over the Hurricanes.
- Jake Weatherald- the left-hander came back into the team as a replacement for Chris Lynn against Hobart and produced a Player of the Match performance with 80 not out from 32 balls.
- Henry Thornton- the 27-year-old right-arm fast bowler has been an excellent addition to the Striker’s bowling attack since coming into the team in January with five wickets from four matches.
- Jamie Overton- the England international continued his strong form in the BBL 2023-24 tournament by picking up the wickets of Matthew Wade and Nikhil Chaudhary in Match 33.
Probable XI: Matthew Short (c), D Arcy Short, Jake Weatherald, Adam Hose, Thomas Kelly, Jamie Overton, Harry Nielsen (wk), Henry Thornton, David Payne, Cameron Boyce, Lloyd Pope.
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Winner
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Prediction
Adelaide Strikers are in fourth place but other teams around them have games in hand and they must win to give themselves the best chance of getting to the next stage. This is their final group stage match and they have been unstoppable over recent matches. Sydney Thunder were a stronger team against Sydney Sixers with David Warner in the side but we are predicting another win for Adelaide Strikers.
We expect the Adelaide Strikers to win this match.
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeepers: Cameron Bancroft
Batters: David Warner (C), Alex Hales, Jake Weatherald
Allrounders: Matthew Short (VC), Chris Green, Daniel Sams, Darcy Short, Jamie Overton
Bowlers: David Payne, Tanveer Sangha
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Dream11 Team
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Both Team Top Batsmen
We recommend David Warner, Alex Hales and Cameron Bancroft with the bat for Sydney Thunder. Bancroft dropped down to number three for the Sydney derby but he has had a strong BBL campaign including scoring 74 runs from 54 balls in the last head to head against the Strikers. Warner has scored eight hundreds and a further 99 half-centuries across his T20 career.
For Adelaide Strikers, Matthew Short, Jake Weatherald and D’Arcy Short are our batting selections. D’Arcy Short has generally been outscored by Matthew Short and Chris Lynn for Adelaide Strikers but he is still the sixth highest run scorer in the tournament this season. Weatherald struck an incredible nine fours and five sixes in his unbeaten innings against Hobart Hurricanes.
Sydney Thunder vs Adelaide Strikers Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
With the ball, Adam Zampa, Fergus O’Neill, and Tom Rogers are our picks for the Melbourne Renegades. O’Neill is a rising star in Australian cricket who has also been making his mark in the Sheffield Shield with Victoria over recent months. Rogers went wicketless against Hobart Hurricanes in the last game but has already recorded figures of 3/18 in this BBL edition.
For Melbourne Stars, Joel Paris, Imad Wasim, and Glenn Maxwell are our selections with the ball. Captain Maxwell has been effective with the ball in this tournament and has gone wicketless in only one of the five matches in which he has bowled. Wasim will get a turn from the surface and will also vary his pace. The Pakistan international has taken 292 T20 wickets across his career.