ST vs MR 40th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 40th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades on Wednesday, 17 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the PS vs SS 39th Match BBL 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Perth Scorchers vs Sydney Sixers 39th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
PS vs SS 39th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades
|Wednesday, 17 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Sydney Showground Stadium, Sydney
When: Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Wednesday, 17 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Sydney Showground Stadium is generally considered favorable for bowlers, but on this pitch, the batsman who bats well in the initial overs can score runs by hitting good shots later on.
What to expect:
Sydney Thunder: It was a heavy 9-wicket defeat for Sydney Thunder in their last match of the tournament and as a result, we would be surprised if they did not make at least one change for this game. Furthermore, their season is over and there is not much difference between finishing in either seventh or eighth in the BBL table so they may as well give opportunities to some younger players.
Sydney Thunder Key Players
- Alex Hales – The tall right-handed Englishman comes into this game off the back of top scoring for Thunder with 43 runs from 32 balls in Match 37.
- David Warner – The legendary opening batter has hit a combined 50 runs from his two innings so far in the tournament but very few pundits would expect him to bow out of this year’s campaign without one big score.
- Daniel Sams – With a strike-rate of 13.50 across this edition of the BBL, the left-arm pace bowler will be looking for one more top performance to end the campaign with.
- Tanveer Sangha – The 22-year-old leg-spinner took Sydney Thunder’s only wicket in the heavy defeat against Adelaide Strikers and he has been a consistent performer across this competition.
Probable XI: David Warner, Alex Hales, Cameron Bancroft, Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Matthew Gilkes(w), Daniel Sams, Chris Green(c), Nathan McAndrew, Liam Hatcher, Tanveer Sangha
Sydney Thunder Squad: David Warner, Alex Hales, Cameron Bancroft, Oliver Davies, Alex Ross, Matthew Gilkes(w), Daniel Sams, Chris Green(c), Nathan McAndrew, Liam Hatcher, Tanveer Sangha, Liam Doddrell, Toby Gray, William Salzmann, Gurinder Sandhu, Jason Sangha
Melbourne Renegades: Although it has been a season to forget for Melbourne Renegades, they have been able to recognize the significant contributions to their side and to Australian cricket from two titans of the game this season. Aaron Finch played in his final BBL match in the Melbourne derby on the weekend and this game will see Shaun Marsh finally play his last game of professional cricket.
Melbourne Renegades Key Players
- Shaun Marsh – At 40 years of age, we can expect fans and players to want to give the left-hander a big send-off in this game. He top-scored with 64 not out from 49 balls in the Melbourne derby.
- Jake Fraser-McGurk – With over 250 runs in this BBL campaign, the 21-year-old has boosted his reputation. He hit four fours and two sixes in the win over the Stars.
- Akeal Hosein – The left-arm spinner came in for his first appearance of the season on Saturday and dismissed the dangerous Beau Webster and Marcus Stoinis.
- Adam Zampa – The spinner who was one of the stars of Australia’s 2023 World Cup triumph has had a disappointing first season with the Renegades although he has taken a wicket in each of the last two games.
Probable XI: Shaun Marsh, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Will Sutherland (c), Scott Edwards (wk), Jonathan Wells, Akeal Hosein, Tom Rogers, Fergus O’Neill, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa
Melbourne Renegades Squad: Aaron Finch, Shaun Marsh, Jake Fraser-McGurk, Nic Maddinson(c), Jordan Cox(w), Jonathan Wells, Will Sutherland, Akeal Hosein, Tom Rogers, Fergus O Neill, Kane Richardson, Adam Zampa, Scott Edwards, Mackenzie Harvey, Ruwantha Kellepotha, Peter Siddle
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Winner
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Prediction
A big win for either side will not see them move above seventh in the table and for both teams, it has been a season to forget. That said, there are some brilliant T20 players, some at the start of their careers and others at the end, who will be on show in this game. Sydney Thunder could still produce a big score, particularly with David Warner, Alex Hales, and Cameron Bancroft at the top of the order. However, looking at the pitch, we think Melbourne Renegades have the best bowling attack for Wednesday’s surface. Our prediction is for Melbourne Renegades to win.
We expect the Melbourne Renegades to win this match.
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: C Bancroft
Batters: S Marsh, D Warner (C), A Hales, Jake Fraser-McGurk
All-Rounders: C Green, Will Sutherland (VC)
Bowlers: Kane Richardson, N McAndrew, Tom Stewart Rogers
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Dream11 Team
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Alex Hales, David Warner, and Cameron Bancroft are our batting recommendations for Sydney Thunder. Number three batter Bancroft was in excellent form at the start of the tournament but his top score from the last five innings is only 21. He will be keen to end the season with a useful contribution in this game. Hales hit five boundaries in the last game and has scored 143 runs from his last three innings.
We are backing Shaun Marsh, Jake Fraser-McGurk, and Scott Edwards with the bat for the Melbourne Renegades. Edwards caught the eye when captaining the Netherlands during the 2023 Cricket World Cup and his strength against spin will be particularly useful at this venue. Marsh may be about to end his career but he is still playing at a very high level as seen by his three half-centuries from five matches in this tournament.
Sydney Thunder vs Melbourne Renegades Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
We recommend Daniel Sams, Chris Green, and Tanveer Sangha with the ball for Sydney Thunder. Spinner Sangha has 61 wickets with a strike rate of 15.5 across his T20 career of 46 innings. His best T20 figures are 4/14 but he should get some good assistance at the Sydney Showground Stadium. Sams has a T20 strike rate of 16.3 and has taken a 4+ wicket haul in the format on eight occasions.
Akeal Hosein, Kane Richardson, and Adam Zampa are our bowling choices for the Melbourne Renegades. Although this pitch is typically more responsive for the spinners, Richardson will always be a threat as shown by his recording of the best figures for the Renegades, on 2/17, in the Melbourne derby. Zampa has taken 289 wickets in this format with his best figures on 6/19.