SUNE vs DSG 5th Match SA20 2024 – The 5th Match of SA20 2024 will be played between Sunrisers Eastern Cape vs Durban Super Giants on Saturday, 13 January 2024, at 9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL at St George’s Park, Gqeberha.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Sunrisers Eastern Cape vs Durban Super Giants teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the SUNE vs DSG 5th Match SA20 2024 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Sunrisers Eastern Cape vs Durban Super Giants 5th Match Prediction SA20 2024
SUNE vs DSG 5th Match SA20 2024
|Sunrisers Eastern Cape vs Durban Super Giants
|Saturday, 13 January 2024
|9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
|St George’s Park, Gqeberha
When: Sunrisers Eastern Cape vs Durban Super Giants Match SA20 2024 on Saturday, 13 January 2024, 9:00 PM 03:30 PM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
Where: St George’s Park, Gqeberha
SUNE vs DSG Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox
- India: Sports18 Network and JioCinema app
- UK: Sky Sports
- Pakistan: A Sports and Ary Zap
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- UAE: Etisalat
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
SUNE vs DSG Match Pitch Report
The pitch of The Wanderers Stadium Johannesburg is considered good for both batsmen and fast bowlers because the fast bowlers get help in the initial overs of the match. Later, the batsman who stays in the middle can do well by hitting good shots.
What to expect:
Sunrisers Eastern Cape: SEC will be led by Aiden Markram in this series and they will look to defend the title with a victory in the opening match. Temba Bavuma, Dawid Malan, Tristan Stubbs, and Adam Rossington will add depth to their batting unit with the all-around skills of Marco Jansen.
Sunrisers Eastern Cape Key Players
- Heinrich Klaasen – The 32-year-old South Africa international got off to a brilliant start to the tournament with the Player of the Match Award after striking eight sixes and four fours.
- Nicholas Pooran – The former West Indies white-ball captain is a fine T20 batter and he came in at number six in the last game but we expect him higher up the order for this clash.
- Richard Gleeson – The tall right-arm pace bowler dismissed his fellow countryman Liam Livingstone against MI Cape Town and he should enjoy bowling on this pitch.
- Keemo Paul – The West Indies international bowling all-rounder picked up the key wickets of openers Rassie van der Dussen and Ryan Rickleton in the opening match.
Probable XI: Quinton de Kock (wk), Matthew Breetzke, Wiaan Mulder, Nicholas Pooran, Keemo Paul, Heinrich Klaasen, Dwaine Pretorius, Prenelan Subrayen, Keshav Maharaj (c), Reece Topley, Richard Gleeson
Sunrisers Eastern Cape Squad: Quinton de Kock (wk), Matthew Breetzke, Wiaan Mulder, Nicholas Pooran, Keemo Paul, Heinrich Klaasen, Dwaine Pretorius, Prenelan Subrayen, Keshav Maharaj (c), Reece Topley, Richard Gleeson
Durban Super Giants: DSG was led by Heinrich Klassen’s attacking 85 runs off 35 balls in their innings chasing a massive target of 208 runs. Mathew Breetzke played a crucial cameo of 39 runs as they made 177/6 before rain intervened. Quinton De Kock, Nicholas Pooran, and Wiaan Mulder build their batting depth and will look for good scores in this match.
Durban Super Giant’s Key Players
- Dawid Malan – The experienced left-hander has hit over 8600 T20 runs in his career and on a pitch that offers a bit more for the bowlers, his slightly slower approach could be crucial.
- Aiden Markram – The right-handed skipper may have to reign in his usual attacking instincts if the pitch is assisting the quicker bowlers. He still brings good form to this game.
- Simon Harmer – The right-arm off-spinner has taken over 150 T20 wickets. Although he may not get much turn from this pitch, he will bowl a tight line and length to keep the runs down.
- Marco Jansen – The tall left-arm bowling all-rounder will enjoy the state of the pitch for this game. He will look to bring the batters forward before taking the edge.
Probable XI: Temba Bavuma, Adam Rossington (wk), Dawid Malan, Aiden Markram (c), Jordan Hermann, Tristan Stubbs, Marco Jansen, Liam Dawson, Brydon Carse, Simon Harmer, Ottniel Baartman
SUNE vs DSG Match Winner
Durban Super Giants
SUNE vs DSG Match Prediction
A Saturday evening fixture at St George’s Park should be a noisy affair in the crowd and we expect the action on the pitch to provide plenty of entertainment. The surface is likely to be a touch more bowler-friendly than usual and that could give us a close and competitive fixture. There is not much to choose between the bowling attacks but Heinrich Klaasen’s batting form really is on a different level at the moment. As a result, we are backing Durban Super Giants to win.
We expect the Durban Super Giants to win this match.
SUNE vs DSG Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicket-keepers: Quinton de Kock (vc), Nicholas Pooran, Heinrich Klassen, Tristan Stubbs
Batters: Dawid Malan, Matthew Breetzke
All-rounders: Marco Jansen, Aiden Markram (vc), Keemo Paul
Bowlers: Reece Topley, Keshav Maharaj
SUNE vs DSG Match Dream11 Team
SUNE vs DSG Head-to-Head Records
There was only one completed match between the teams in last year’s tournament with Sunrisers Eastern Cape winning by a massive 124 runs! The second scheduled fixture produced only 5.2 overs.
SUNE vs DSG Head to Head Stats in T20s
SUNE vs DSG Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Aiden Markram, Dawid Malan, and Adam Rossington are our tips with the bat for Sunrisers Eastern Cape. Keeper-batter Rossington has played in over 150 T20 games and is a half-century away from bringing up 3000 runs. His highest T20 score is 95 and he has hit 17 half-centuries in this format. Captain Markram has scored over 3250 T20 runs with a top score of 100.
For Durban Super Giants, Heinrich Klaassen, Matthew Breetzke and Nicholas Pooran are our batting selections. Opener Breetzke got off to an encouraging start in this year’s SA20 as he hit four fours and two sixes in his 39 runs from 24 balls. Klaasen finished with a strike-rate of 242.85 on Thursday and he has now hit 23 scores of 50+ from his 152 T20 innings.
SUNE vs DSG Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
With the ball, Marco Jansen, Simon Harmer, and Brydon Carse are our bowling choices for Sunrisers Eastern Cape. Bowling all-rounder Carse will find a consistent length which will be hard to get away on this pitch. He should also get some movement and could be a real threat at St George’s Park. Spinner Harmer has taken four wickets on four occasions across his T20 career.
Keemo Paul, Richard Gleeson, and Keshav Maharaj are our bowling picks for the Durban Super Giants. Captain Maharaj will bowl a tight line with his spin on this pitch and although the surface may not be that responsive he will fly the ball and encourage the batters to take him on. Gleeson has 92 T20 wickets across his career with his best figures 5/33.