AS vs HH 31st Match BBL 2023-24 – The 31st Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes on Tuesday, 09 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the AS vs HH 31st Match BBL 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes 31st Match Big Bash League 2023-24
AS vs HH 31st Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes
|Tuesday, 09 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
When: Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Tuesday, 09 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Adelaide Oval Cricket Ground helps both the batsmen and the bowlers. This pitch is very balanced and it helps the batsmen and bowlers equally because when the innings starts, the ball swings for the fast bowlers in the first three overs. It happens and after that, the ball settles easily, then both the bowler and the batsman feel good on this pitch.
What to expect:
Adelaide Strikers: Matthew Short’s side hit form after four consecutive losses as they defeated the Perth Scorchers by 9 wickets. It was a much-needed win for the side as they have struggled with consistency. They are sixth on the points table and need a big win to improve their prospects of reaching the playoffs. Short would like his players to use the home advantage and win.
Adelaide Strikers Key Players
- Matthew Short: No one has scored more runs so far in this year’s BBL and he hit seven fours and four sixes in his exceptional innings against Perth Scorchers.
- Chris Lynn: The 33-year-old scored 50 not out from 33 balls in the last game and he has made half-centuries in three of his last four BBL innings.
- David Payne: the England international has been in and out of the team so far in this campaign but his place now looks secure after taking 2/22 in Match 27.
- Lloyd Pope: The 24-year-old leg-spinner will be looking forward to bowling at the Adelaide Oval once more after dismissing Aaron Hardie and Josh Inglis here against the Scorchers.
Probable XI: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Alex Carey(w), Thomas Kelly, Jamie Overton, Henry Thornton, David Payne, Lloyd Pope, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar
Adelaide Strikers Squad: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Alex Carey(w), Thomas Kelly, Jamie Overton, Henry Thornton, David Payne, Lloyd Pope, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, James Bazley, Brendan Doggett, Ben Manenti
Hobart Hurricanes: In their last game against the Brisbane Heat, Nathan Ellis’ side suffered heartbreak. They came back from behind to secure a dream win but fell short of the target by one run. Ellis and his men would look to put this upset behind them and come up with a better show in this game.
Hobart Hurricanes Key Players
- Ben McDermott: The keeper-batter hit a six in his 16 runs from 18 balls against Brisbane Heat but the innings stuck out as the four others in the top five made a combined 6 runs.
- Nikhil Chaudhary: The all-rounder’s place in the side was not secure ahead of the game against the table toppers but he responded with the wicket of opener Josh Brown and top-scored with 55.
- Nathan Ellis: The skipper continued his impressive recent form by dismissing Nathan McSweeney and Sam Billings in the last game on Sunday.
- Chris Jordan: The right-arm experienced pace bowler bowled Matt Renshaw with a brilliant yorker before getting the wickets of Michael Neser and Paul Walter in the final over against Brisbane Heat.
Probable XI: Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott(w), Macalister Wright, Sam Hain, Corey Anderson, Tim David, Nikhil Chaudhary, Chris Jordan, Patrick Dooley, Nathan Ellis(c), Riley Meredith
Hobart Hurricanes Squad: Caleb Jewell, Ben McDermott(w), Macalister Wright, Sam Hain, Corey Anderson, Tim David, Nikhil Chaudhary, Chris Jordan, Patrick Dooley, Nathan Ellis(c), Riley Meredith, Sam Heazlett, Mitchell Owen, Billy Stanlake, Bradley Hope
Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Match Winner
Adelaide Strikers vs Hobart Hurricanes Hurricanes Match Prediction
Spectators could well be in for a close and entertaining match at the Adelaide Oval on Tuesday evening with the hosts looking to build on their brilliant win over Perth Scorchers and Hobart Hurricanes desperate to get back to winning ways after a narrow defeat. Our prediction is for a tight contest but we think the batting line up of Adelaide Strikers will make the difference. We are backing Adelaide Strikers to win.
We expect the Adelaide Strikers to win this match.
STR vs HUR Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeepers: Ben Mcdermott
Batters: Chris Lynn, Mac Wright
Allrounders: Nikhil Chaudhary (VC), Jamie Overton, Matt Short (C), Darcy Short, Chris Jordan
Bowlers: David Payne, Henry Thronton, Nathan Ellis
STR vs HUR Match Dream11 Team
STR vs HUR Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Matthew Short, Chris Lynn and D’Arcy Short are our batting tips for Adelaide Strikers. Opener D’Arcy Short hit three sixes and one four in the last game and hit a half-century three innings ago against Melbourne Renegades. Captain Matthew Short comes into this game looking to score his fourth successive half-century after making 76 not out, 74 and 56 from his last three matches.
We recommend Ben McDermott, Sam Hain and Nikhil Chaudhary with the bat in this match. Chaudhary hit four fours and two sixes in his last innings and is averaging 42.33 across this year’s BBL. England international Hain got a golden duck against Brisbane Heat but hit his first BBL half-century in the previous game against Melbourne Renegades.
STR vs HUR Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
For Adelaide Strikers, Henry Thornton, David Payne and Lloyd Pope are our bowling selections. Thornton has come into the team for the last two games and has picked up 3 wickets from those fixtures. He will enjoy the pace on offer at the Adelaide Oval in this match. 32 year old Payne comes into this match needing just four more dismissals to bring up 200 T20 wickets.
We are backing Nathan Ellis, Chris Jordan and Riley Meredith for Hobart Hurricanes with the ball. Pace bowler Meredith went wicketless in the last game but conceded only 15 runs from his four overs. He has taken 5 wickets so far in this year’s competition. Jordan has played in 335 T20s and comes into this match requiring only 2 wickets to bring up 350 in this format.