CK vs ND 18th Match Super Smash 2023-24 – The 18th Match of Super Smash 2023-24 will be played between Canterbury Kings vs Northern District on Tuesday, 09 January 2024, at 10:00 AM 04:30 AM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL at Hagley Oval, Christchurch.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 8:00 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Canterbury Kings vs Northern District teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the CK vs ND 18th Match Super Smash 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Canterbury Kings vs Northern District 18th Match Super Smash 2023-24
CK vs ND 18th Match Super Smash 2023-24
|Super Smash 2023-24
|Canterbury Kings vs Northern District
|Tuesday, 09 January 2024
|10:00 AM 04:30 AM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
|Hagley Oval, Christchurch
When: Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Super Smash 2023-24 on Tuesday, 09 January 2024, 10:00 AM 04:30 AM GMT / 05:30 PM LOCAL
Where: Hagley Oval, Christchurch
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- India: FanCode
- New Zealand: TVNZ
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Pitch Report
The pitch at Hagley Oval is a neutral one that provides an even bounce, which allows batters to play freely. Seamers should find help in the initial few overs, but as the shine wears off from the ball, batting will become easier.
What to expect:
Canterbury Kings: Kings were enjoying a good run before Auckland Aces spoiled the party. And that too, in their backyard. Though the previous two home games were washed out and had no result, the Kings had the upper hand in the last abandoned game.
They had picked 4 wickets for 21 runs bowling first against Central Stags. This was the second time they dominated the Stags’ batting lineup. And this was right after their successful run-chase against Otago in the previous outing.
Canterbury Kings Key Players
- Henry Nicholls – Henry Nicholls has scored one fifty in the tournament but he has been ordinary in other games. He is a very important member of the batting lineup and needs to contribute heavily if Canterbury has to win games.
- Cole McConchie – Cole McConchie has played well so far but the captain needs to be more consistent to get the team back to winning ways. McConchie has scored 126 runs in 4 innings he has played in the tournament so far.
- Ish Sodhi – The conditions won’t be great for spinners but Ish Sodhi with all his experience can be very handy for Canterbury Kings. The Kiwi veteran will be a key with the ball, especially in the absence of Matt Henry.
Probable XI: Chad Bowes, Tom Latham(w), Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Cole McConchie(c), Michael Rippon, Zakary Foulkes, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Michael Rae, William ORourke
Canterbury Kings Squad: Chad Bowes, Tom Latham(w), Henry Nicholls, Daryl Mitchell, Cole McConchie(c), Michael Rippon, Zakary Foulkes, Ish Sodhi, Matt Henry, Michael Rae, William ORourke, Matthew Hay, Angus McKenzie
Northern District: After a winning start to the season, the Knights have gone on to lose 3 matches in a row. And in these three games, their batting performance has gone from bad to worse.
They were completely outplayed in each of these games and were nowhere close to victory. There have been many single-digit scores in their innings. Only a few batters have managed to score in double digits for the Knights.
Northern District Key Players
- Tim Seifert – Tim Seifert has played a couple of cameos in the Super Smash 2023-24 but given that he is one of the team’s main batters, the team needs more from him. He scored 37 in the last game against Otago and now needs to build on the momentum and play a big knock to help the team get back to winning ways.
- Jeet Raval – Jeet Raval was dismissed for a duck in the last game but he is one of the team’s main batters and has also performed well in the tournament. Raval has scored 130 runs in 4 games, including two fifties.
- Scott Kuggeleijn – Kuggeleijn is a very experienced T20 bowler and has performed well in the tournament so far, taking 5 wickets in 4 matches. He can also chip in with a few runs down the order.
Probable XI: Katene Clarke, Tim Seifert(w), Jeet Raval(c), Joe Carter, Mitchell Santner, Henry Cooper, Brett Hampton, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Tim Pringle, Neil Wagner
Northern District Squad: Katene Clarke, Tim Seifert(w), Jeet Raval(c), Joe Carter, Mitchell Santner, Henry Cooper, Brett Hampton, Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Southee, Tim Pringle, Neil Wagner, Kristian Clarke, Peter Bocock
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Winner
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Prediction
We suggest backing Canterbury to win. The team has played better cricket than Brave, who are going through a rough patch where they have lost three games in a row. When we look at the overall balance of the sides, Canterbury looks much stronger on paper more quality in batting and bowling. Brave’s batters look in no form as the team has failed to score 150 in three out of the four games. Canterbury should be backed to win.
We expect Canterbury to win this match.
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeeper: T Seifert
Batters: H Nicholls, J Raval
All-rounders: M Rippon(C), C McConchie(VC), Z Foulkes, D Mitchell, S Kuggeleijn, M Santner
Bowlers: N Wagner, M Rae
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Dream11 Team
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Henry Nicholas, Cole McConchie, and Tom Latham are batters who can come good. McConchie has been consistent, scoring 126 runs in 4 games. Henry Nicholls and Tom Latham have not been fired yet but they are class players and can be backed to come good soon.
Brave will expect runs from Jeet Raval, who has scored two fifties in the tournament, and Tim Seifert, who is a quality batter and looked good in the last game where he played a knock of 37. Katene Clarke is also due for a big score.
Canterbury Kings vs Northern District Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Ish Sodhi, Michael Rippon, and Zakary Foulkes will be the main bowlers for Canterbury. The players have blown hot and cold but they are the best options Canterbury have.
Brave’s bowling will rest on Scott Kuggeleijn, Tim Pringle, and Matt Fisher. The bowlers have not been in great wicket-taking form but have the skills to trouble best batters when in good form.