AS vs MS 20th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 20th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars on Sunday, 31 December 2023, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 06:15 PM LOCAL at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the AS vs MS 20th Match BBL 2023-24 Both Team Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI, Pitch Report, Match Prediction & Dream 11 team | Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars 20th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
AS vs MS 20th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars
|Sunday, 31 December 2023
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 06:15 PM LOCAL
|Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
When: Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Sunday, 31 December 2023, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 06:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Adelaide Oval Cricket Ground helps both the batsmen and the bowlers. This pitch is very balanced and it helps the batsmen and bowlers equally because when the innings starts, the ball swings for the fast bowlers in the first three overs. It happens and after that, the ball settles easily, then both the bowler and the batsman feel good on this pitch.
What to expect:
Adelaide Strikers: Adelaide strikers failed to defend 178 runs in the last game. D Arcy Short (54 runs) and Chris Lynn (56 runs) made crucial contributions from the top order in their innings. Jamie Overton (29 runs) and Harry Nielson (17 runs) made quickfire knocks to finish on a high with the bat.
Their bowlers gave just 178/6 in just 18.4 overs. David Payne (3/37) bowled well in the match. Jamie Overton, Cameron Boyce, and James Bazley chipped with a wicket each in the match.
Adelaide Strikers Key Players
- Matthew Short- the skipper had made half-centuries in the previous two matches before being dismissed for only 8 against the Renegades. He will be keen to get back on track in this fixture.
- Chris Lynn- the vastly experienced former Australian white ball international hit a half-century and is having a good BBL 2023-24 season with 93 runs across the last two games.
- David Payne- the left-arm England white ball opening bowler comes into this clash with the Stars after dismissing Quinton de Kock with the second ball of the innings against the Renegades.
- Jamie Overton- the England international has been in fine form ahead of this game with 6 wickets and scores of 31 not out and 29 not out across his last three BBL matches.
Probable XI: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Jamie Overton, James Bazley, Harry Nielsen(w), Wes Agar, Cameron Boyce, Brendan Doggett, Thomas Kelly
Adelaide Strikers Squad: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Jamie Overton, James Bazley, Harry Nielsen(w), Wes Agar, Cameron Boyce, Brendan Doggett, Thomas Kelly, Ben Manenti, Henry Thornton
Melbourne Stars: Melbourne Stars chased a DLS target of 67 runs inside 7 overs to win the match. Maxwell top scored with 35 runs and Thomas Rogers chipped in with 21 runs in the last game. Beau Webster, Hilton Cartwright, and Marcus Stoinis played good knocks in the previous matches and will be looking to make a mark in this match.
They bowled the opposition to 155 runs in the match. Haris Rauf and Maxwell took 3 wickets each in the match while Joel Paris, Imad Wasim, and Usama Mir chipped with a wicket each in the match.
Melbourne Stars Key Players
- Thomas Rogers- the left-handed top-order batter has made a score in the 20s in each of his innings in this year’s BBL and was unbeaten in the last game, taking the Stars to victory.
- Glenn Maxwell- with a reduced target from only seven overs, the skipper was pushed to the top of the order and delivered another brilliant white ball innings in the win over the Strikers.
- Joel Paris- the 31-year-old left-arm fast-medium bowler picked up the big wicket of Matthew Wade during the first over of the match on Thursday.
- Marcus Stoinis- the all-rounder has picked up only one wicket so far in the competition but his ability to dismiss batters at big moments could be crucial on such a batter-friendly pitch.
Probable XI: Sam Harper(w), Glenn Maxwell(c), Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Imad Wasim, Jonathan Merlo, Joel Paris, Brody Couch, Daniel Lawrence
Melbourne Stars Squad: Sam Harper(w), Glenn Maxwell(c), Marcus Stoinis, Hilton Cartwright, Thomas Rogers, Beau Webster, Imad Wasim, Jonathan Merlo, Joel Paris, Brody Couch, Daniel Lawrence, Nick Larkin, Mark Steketee, Corey Rocchiccioli
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Winner
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Prediction
Ahead of Saturday’s fixture, these teams were in fifth and fourth but not far behind the second-placed side. We are expecting a close contest with the big-name batters on both teams likely to enjoy the pitch. Our prediction is for another high-scoring match at the Adelaide Oval and we expect the home supporters to be happy at the end of the game as we are backing the Adelaide Strikers to win.
We expect the Adelaide Strikers to win this match.
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Dream11 Prediction
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Dream11 Team
Wicketkeepers: Sam Harper
Batters: Hilton Cartwright, Tom Fraser Rogers, Chris Lynn
Allrounders: Matt Short (C), Glenn Maxwell (VC), Marcus Stoinis, Beau Webster, Jamie Overton, Darcy Short
Bowlers: Haris Rauf
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Matthew Short, D’Arcy Short, and Chris Lynn are our picks with the bat for Adelaide Strikers. Short hit 54 runs in the defeat against Melbourne Renegades which is his second half-century from his three innings so far in the 2023-24 BBL. Lynn has a formidable T20 record where he has scored over 7500 runs and hit five centuries in this format along the way.
Our batting selections are Glenn Maxwell, Sam Harper, and Thomas Rogers for the Melbourne Stars. Skipper Maxwell is one of the most feared white ball batters in the world and you can see why after he hit four sixes in his unbeaten innings of 18 balls against the Hobart Hurricanes. Keeper-batter Harper has not been in great form as yet in this BBL season but has hit ten half-centuries across his T20 career.
Adelaide Strikers vs Melbourne Stars Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
David Payne, Jamie Overton, and James Bazley with the ball for Adelaide Strikers. All-rounder Bazley who bowls right-arm fast-medium comes into this match after picking up a dismissal in both of the last two games against Sydney Sixers and Melbourne Renegades. Overton is having a strong tournament and has taken a 4+ wicket haul on three occasions in this format.
We recommend Olly Stone, Joel Paris, and Glenn Maxwell with the ball for the Melbourne Stars. England all-format international Stone has been unfortunate with injuries over the last few years but bowls with genuine pace and accuracy. Captain Maxwell may be more famous for his match-winning batting performances but he took 3/29 in the win over Hobart.