AS vs PS 27th Match BBL 2023-24 – The 27th Match of Big Bash League 2023-24 will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers on Friday, 05 January 2024, at 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL at Adelaide Oval, Adelaide.
The toss of this match will be done 30 minutes before the start of the match i.e. at 1:30 PM, as I have already been told that this match will be played between Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers teams, both teams have very good players.
Here Are the full details of the AS vs PS 27th Match BBL 2023-24 Match Prediction, Dream 11 team, Pitch Report, Squad, Venue, Time and Date, Playing XI | Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers 27th Match Big Bash League 2023-24
AS vs PS 27th Match BBL 2023-24
|Big Bash League 2023-24
|Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers
|Friday, 05 January 2024
|1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
|Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
When: Adelaide Strikers vs Perth Scorchers Match Big Bash League 2023-24 on Friday, 05 January 2024, 1:45 PM 08:15 AM GMT / 07:15 PM LOCAL
Where: Adelaide Oval, Adelaide
STR vs SCO Match Live Streaming and Broadcast
- Australia: Fox Cricket, 7Cricket; Kayo Sports
- India: Disney + Hotstar
- UK: Sky Sports
- New Zealand: SkyGo
- USA: Sling TV – Willow TV (Sign up here)
- Canada: Willow TV
- South Africa: SuperSport
STR vs SCO Match Pitch Report
The pitch of Adelaide Oval Cricket Ground helps both the batsmen and the bowlers. This pitch is very balanced and it helps the batsmen and bowlers equally because when the innings starts, the ball swings for the fast bowlers in the first three overs. It happens and after that, the ball settles easily, then both the bowler and the batsman feel good on this pitch.
What to expect:
Adelaide Strikers: Picking up wickets has been the main issue for Adelaide Strikers this season and once again we saw the issue highlighted as Perth Scorchers lost only four wickets in Wednesday’s game. Henry Thornton and Jamie Overton both took two wickets each and that means that four of the bowling attack from Match 25 come into this fixture after going wicketless in the previous match.
Adelaide Strikers Key Players
- Matthew Short- the skipper continued his extremely strong individual form with another seven fours and two sixes at the Perth Stadium on Wednesday.
- Chris Lynn- the 33-year-old right-hander went on the attack with four fours and one six from his 16 balls in Match 25. He is currently the second-highest run scorer in the tournament.
- Jamie Overton- the England international took 2/44 in Perth and picked up the wickets of Josh Inglis and Aaron Hardie. He has also made some excellent contributions with the bat this season.
- Henry Thornton- the pace bowler made his first appearance of the season on Wednesday and made an immediate impact by dismissing both openers, Zak Crawley and Sam Whiteman.
Probable XI: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Thomas Kelly, Jamie Overton, James Bazley, Harry Nielsen(w), Henry Thornton, David Payne, Cameron Boyce
Adelaide Strikers Squad: Matthew Short(c), D Arcy Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Thomas Kelly, Jamie Overton, James Bazley, Harry Nielsen(w), Henry Thornton, David Payne, Cameron Boyce, Wes Agar, Brendan Doggett, Ben Manenti, Lloyd Pope
Perth Scorchers: Adelaide Strikers have the top two batters in the tournament but Perth Scorchers have Aaron Hardie in third place and their skipper finished last year’s BBL as the leading run-scorer. Perth Scorchers have always been a side who get contributions from across their squad and this was shown in the reverse fixture against the Strikers with numbers 2-5 in the batting order scoring between 26 and 85 runs! Laurie Evans was the star performer, finishing unbeaten on 85 from 28 balls and the sight of him at the crease will give the Adelaide Strikers bowlers nightmares on Wednesday and Thursday night.
Perth Scorchers Key Players
- Aaron Hardie- the 24-year-old batting all-rounder has already hit over 200 runs in this campaign and contributed another 34 runs in the last game.
- Laurie Evans- the experienced English middle order batter produced one of the best innings of the BBL 2023-24 season with 85 not out from 28 balls against the Strikers on Wednesday.
- Lance Morris- the right-arm fast 25-year-old is getting very close to making his international debut and his five-wicket haul at the Perth Stadium in Match 25 will have done his chances no harm.
- Jason Behrendorff- the left-arm quick bowler dismissed the dangerous D’Arcy Short in the head-to-head with the Strikers on Wednesday and he will be a threat again at the Adelaide Oval.
Probable XI: Zak Crawley, Sam Whiteman, Aaron Hardie(c), Josh Inglis(w), Laurie Evans, Cooper Connolly, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Lance Morris
Perth Scorchers Squad: Zak Crawley, Sam Whiteman, Aaron Hardie(c), Josh Inglis(w), Laurie Evans, Cooper Connolly, Ashton Agar, Jhye Richardson, Andrew Tye, Jason Behrendorff, Lance Morris, Nick Hobson, Cameron Gannon, Matthew Kelly, Stephen Eskinazi, Hamish McKenzie, Liam Haskett, Sam Fanning
STR vs SCO Match Winner
STR vs SCO Match Prediction
Perth Scorchers already look likely to go very far in this year’s BBL and defending their trophy once again is certainly not out of the question. The Strikers have had some good batting performances at home and away but picking up enough wickets has been their major problem. We anticipate a good contest but are predicting that Perth Scorchers will win by a comfortable margin.
We expect the Perth Scorchers to win this match.
STR vs SCO Match Dream11 Prediction
Wicketkeepers: Josh Inglis
Batters: Chris Lynn, Laurie Evans, Zak Crawley
All-rounders: Jamie Overton, Matthew Short, D’ Arcy Short, Aaron Hardie
Bowlers: Jason Behrendorff, Andrew Tye, L Morris
STR vs SCO Match Dream11 Team
STR vs SCO Match Both Team Top Batsmen
Thomas Kelly, Chris Lynn, and Matthew Short are our batting picks for Adelaide Strikers. Kelly is an exciting young middle-order batter and he outscored everyone in the Strikers’ batting line-up on Wednesday except for Short in his first innings of this BBL season. Lynn continues to produce attacking innings in the BBL and he is vastly experienced in this format after 265 T20 innings.
Our batting tips are Laurie Evans, Aaron Hardie, and Josh Inglis for Perth Scorchers. Evans hit a remarkable seven fours and seven sixes and ended not out with a strike rate of 303.57 on Wednesday. He will be looking forward to batting against the Strikers bowlers again in this match. Inglis has been in excellent form over the last 18 months and comes into this game after hitting a combined 90 runs from his last two innings.
STR vs SCO Match Both Team Top Team Bowlers
Our bowling selections are Jamie Overton, Cameron Boyce, and Henry Thornton for Adelaide Strikers. Spinner Boyce went wicketless at the Perth Stadium on Wednesday but has picked up a wicket in each of the games at the Adelaide Oval so far this BBL season. Thornton is an excellent addition to the bowling lineup for the Strikers as last season he picked up a wicket every 11.56 balls.
Lance Morris, Jhye Richardson, and Jason Behrendorff are our bowling choices for Perth Scorchers. Richardson took two wickets in two balls in Wednesday’s match and he has five wickets from four innings in this year’s BBL so far. Morris dismissed Matthew Short, Chris Lynn, Adam Hose, Jamie Overton, and James Bazley in Match 25 to take his tally up to eight wickets for this BBL campaign.